Friday, March 23, 2012

Take a Tour of Inspiration Land!

This morning my beautiful client "Q" had a great weigh in and an awesome little story to share. Her father had been away on a trip and purchased a skirt for her as a present. He said she was looking smaller lately so he hoped the size was OK. She was bummed to see that the skirt was two sizes too small but thanked him anyway. Later, just for laughs, she tried it on and voila! She was wearing the skirt this morning while I measured her. The pride was radiating out of her gorgeous face!

"Q" isn't losing 5 lbs per week, the scale isn't shattering - but her MINDSET is that of an athlete. She is calm, patient, determined and most of all consistent. She notices little changes and owns them. Not that she wouldn't LOVE to see the scale sink 10 lbs like it did in her first week but just as I start one of my little Friday Pep Talks, she beats me to the punch every time. "It took years to put it on, it's going to take time to get it off!"

I can't emphasize enough how important that kind of mindset becomes once you decide to do something. If you consistently tear yourself down - you will sink into a heap of your own making. Every.Single.Time.

I was reading back issues of Runner's World yesterday (because I'm a freak) and came across a story on Ben. You can watch the video below and it seems I might be late to the Ben Party because 1.5 million of you have already seen it. THIS is the kind of stuff we should spend our time watching. NO MATTER where you are physically - no matter what your goals - even if you don't have goals but you're just sick of listening to yourself say "I should do something"... Take a few consecutive tours of Ben's life and then place one foot in front of the other.




RIGHT NOW.

Click the Watch on YouTube if this link restricts you.  I can never tell if it's my Barbados IP address or just restricted in general.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment